The Scouts /Guides Organisation (SGO) is a non political, non sectarian and secular organization. The purpose of this organization is to devote its volunteers to character building of Youth in India and abroad and promoting in them the feeling of selfless service to their country and humanity. The SGO has a hierarchy starting from the patrols, troops/companies, groups forming into Local, District, State Associations and goes up to the Nationwide Organization.
This is open to all Scouting & Guiding Groups, persons as well as associations that is not affiliated with another national organization. It requires that member groups/associations "follow, and use, Baden-Powell's original program, traditions, uniforms, morals, ethics, and structure as laid out in Baden-Powell's Scouting for Boys, amended only for "health, environmental, first-aid, and safety reasons". Scouting for Boys, amended only for "health, environmental, first-aid, and safety reasons".
The Scouts /Guides Organisation (SGO)
- To organize the various programmes. Camps, Seminors. Rallies among children and youths of the country for their skill development, character building, physical fitness and create the feelings of national integration.
- To impart the basic physical scouting/guiding training and disciplined approach to life at formative stage.
- To adopt the various programmes of rural developments.
- To organize the various programme to maintain communal peace and harmony.
- To develop the confidence and ensuring fuller involvement of youths belonging the minority communities in the national efforts.
- To promote awareness among the youths for the variety, diversity and richness of the Indian Cultural heritage and tradition.